Sunday, September 1, 2013

Top Picks #67 and some inspiration

Good morning sketchies,
Welcome to Spring!

Our top picks for sketch # 67







Congratulations ladies be sure to grab your top 4 badge from the side bar and you have also earned yourselves an extra entry in to this months random draw :)

Now some inspiration from the wonderful and very talented scrapper Debi.

Welcome to our first inspiration post for Feeling Sketchy for September. My name is Debi, & I just love this art of card making & scrapbooking, that we all share.

With our sponsor for September being the fabulous Sassy Studio Designs, they have fabulous & very sassy images that are great to work with, & so I decided on a couple of cards & a LO. 

With first card using this fun Sassy Digi Image 'Ariel Sassy', titled Lucky Me I have layered on cardstock, & a little piece of muslin that I have dyed to match my seaside colours...just like a fishing net. I have also added 2 tiny shells. I love to add 'non-scrapping' items to a card or a page...there is so much choice for ephemera ie clothing labels & tags, paint chips, postcards & much more.


My next project is a LO using 8.5 x 11 size CS as my base, & I this very sweet image -
Christmas Sassy.

I have also used a photo of my cuteset little baby grand daughter...& it seems like she is pointing to Sassy!


Try using lots of masks & mists for instant background interest.  Plus texture paste, impasto, gesso...it is so much fun! With some bling & bright cheery colours, I am very happy with this page.


And my 3rd project this week is a card titled Live, Love, Laugh using the Bathtime Sassy image.


I used the black & white image with lots of layering & black & white patterned paper, along with hand dyed pink seam binding & a blingy heart as a ring on her finger!
Really happy with using the 'raw' image!

I hope I have inspired you to play around with your card making & scrapbooking goodies, along with some other 'found' items.

And thank you to our 

September Sponsor
September 2013

4 digi's to the winner -

now that is fabulous!!

Hugs Debi xx


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for choosing my card as one of the top 4 winners. Congratulations to the other winners, you cards are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love! We enjoy reading your comments x